Skeeter Boats CRM Program Powers Growth and Acquisition
Driving lifetime brand loyalty and repeat purchases through a smart Customer Relationship Strategy that leverages personalization and automation. This year, Skeeter launched the Big Fish – Reel Stories campaign to drive cross-channel engagement.
Check Out Our Results
Skeeter Products, a Yamaha boat company, is a world-class manufacturer of performance fishing boats. For over 70 years, Skeeter has set the standard in engineering and innovation, bringing fishing enthusiasts the ultimate bass boats.
In an already fiercely competitive market, strong growth in the personal recreation segment, and bass boats in particular, has led to a sharp increase in competition among manufacturers. Skeeter Boats needed an innovative customer relationship strategy to not only differentiate their brand, but to also engage prospective owners, increase brand loyalty, and drive repeat purchases.
After developing a focused customer experience (CX) Strategy, Whereoware defined and built an innovative Customer Relationship program to enable Skeeter Boats’ future marketing efforts, including:
- Marketing automation and data tools to serve as a foundation for Skeeter’s digital marketing programs.
- Templated and mobile-optimized digital assets that were flexible enough to be used across virtually any form of content.
- Persona-driven personalization to target customers with seasonal, geographic, and product-related content.
- Automated email programs to deliver relevant content and drive engagement across the customer’s journey.
With Skeeter Boats’ marketing infrastructure in place, Whereoware developed and launched the Customer Relationship Program.
The personalized post-purchase emails target boat owners with welcome, resources, and lifestyle content to strengthen Skeeter Boats’ relationships with current customers, improve their brand experience, and drive repeat purchases.
Launching in August 2021, the program is outperforming Industry averages:
- 43% Open Rate (more than double the 18% Industry average)
- 11% Click Rate (more than triple the 2.6% Industry average click rate).
Furthermore, engagement has consistently remained high across multiple program touchpoints.