Website Redesign Improves UX, Searchability, + Web Accessibility For Outright International
Using Drupal 9, Outright International launched a redesigned website that incorporates searchability, web accessibility, elevating the brand and user experience.
Check Out Our Results
Outright International is dedicated to working with partners around the globe to strengthen the capacity of the LGBTIQ human rights movement, document and amplify human rights violations against LGBTIQ people, and advocate for inclusion and equality.
Outright International’s previous website was expensive and difficult to manage, requiring external help (and up to a two-week turnaround) to complete updates.
Compounding these challenges, Outright needed the revamped website live within a short deadline to coincide with their new branding launch.
Platform, Branding, + UX Upgrades
Outright International needed an updated website with an improved authoring and management experience for their team to efficiently deliver news, events, and legislative information to their audience.
Migrating to Drupal 9 and Acquia Site Studio, we designed an easy-to-use website with a user-friendly content management system for quick updates.
Outright’s redesigned website embodies their new branding through an extensive design system and is focused on improving customers’ user experience through better navigation, web accessibility, and search functionality.
To meet the strict deadline, we adopted a 'minimum viable product' strategy - delivering essential features first to quickly validate with stakeholders.
- Conducted extensive audits and interviews with internal users and stakeholders to understand pain points, audience targeting issues, and user experience shortcomings.
- Created an updated design system and digital style guide reflecting style tiles and treatments across UI elements like heroes, calls-to-action, buttons, accordions, etc.
- Created dynamic layout templates for blogs, news releases, and smaller releases to expedite content syndication.
- Enhanced website search by keywords, topics, regions, and other criteria, enhancing discoverability of content and news updates.
- Improved color contrasts and executed manual testing methods to ensure web accessibility, via keyboard navigation and screen readers for visually impaired users.
Outright International’s new website is modern and user-friendly, effectively showcasing crucial elements of their brand story across content, webinars, events, and features.
- Empowered Outright to independently update new content within minutes (as opposed to weeks) reducing expenses associated with hiring external web design specialists.
- Optimized the site’s internal searchability, making it easy for users to find important data and information.
- Improved Outright’s web accessibility score from 70 to 99 out of a possible 100 points.