Head of Client Strategy & Marketing
Whereoware is currently looking for an executive leader that likes to see real results through implementing data driven digital marketing on behalf of our clients. This is a fantastic role that has terrific growth potential and significant impact on our company. In this role you will be delivering exceptional service, guidance, and results for our clients through astute management of marketing campaigns involving internal and external resources. The Head of Client Strategy & Marketing will oversee a team of digital strategist and the associate director of marketing, who manages the marketing execution team.
Whereoware is an agile digital agency with clients across industries and verticals. Day-to-day projects for the Head of Client Strategy & Marketing will vary, but may look like:
- Create scalable strategic frameworks, approaches and solutions and implement at Whereoware.
- Recruit, develop, and manage digital marketing strategists.
- Formulate digital marketing strategies that create measurable results for our clients.
- Serve as subject matter expert and thought leader on high-profile Client Marketing accounts.
- Oversee the Associate Director of Marketing Operations with the development and implementation of processes, tools, initiatives, infrastructure, and technology that will support and improve the operations of Client Marketing Department functions.
- Oversee the Associate Director of Marketing Operations with creation, monitoring, and revising department standards as well as support and improve the operations of the Client Marketing Department functions as listed below:
- Training/new employee onboarding
- Account onboarding + transitions
- Customer communication
- Capacity planning
- Time tracking
- Service offerings
- New digital strategies and deliverables
- Department documentation
- Processes and tools
- Infrastructure and technology
- Support (and occasionally lead) the sales team in solution development and closing business.
- Support (and occasionally lead) the client teams in assuring that the relationship is performing at the highest level.
- Develop annual and monthly marketing plans (mailing calendars, results projections, etc.).
- Design and manage ongoing tests to optimize clients’ marketing investment.
- Track and analyze ongoing programs, evaluate return on investment of all programs, and apply learning of recommendations for future programs.
- Analyze long-term customer lifecycle migration and determine methods to achieve our clients’ long-term revenue growth goals.
- Become fully versed in all Whereoware products and platforms.
- Define and execute marketing and campaign strategy.
- Interact with Development, Operations and Production teams.
- Distribute and discuss campaign results vs. goals.
- Manage campaign budgets.
- Accountable for retaining and growing business while turning our clients into raving fans!
The Head of Client Strategy & Marketing will have:
- 12+ years of experience in leading strategic (but applied) marketing, from creation to execution
- Demonstrated ability to develop staff
- Demonstrated ability to achieve or exceed marketing revenue and ROI goals through creating and implementing marketing programs
- Working knowledge of quantitative measurement metrics used in the evaluation of direct and digital marketing initiatives
- Advanced understanding of Marketing Automation platforms, digital marketing tools, SEO, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and social platforms
- Advanced knowledge of website design, html, search and social advertising, URL architecting, programmatic advertising, email marketing, and e-commerce
- A sense of urgency and curiosity with a desire to serve and learn
- Strong organizational and project management skills, in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment
- Multi-task effectively with precise attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate and creatively resolve problems
- Exceptional team player possessing initiative and motivation to work unsupervised
- BA/BS degree
- Innate ability to have fun!
Can be located in either the DC metro area or Atlanta, GA
Ready to apply?!
Submit your resume and any relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who We Are:
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in the Washington D.C. metro region. Since 1999, Whereoware has grown from a startup of five to an agile, full-service agency of 90-or-so website + mobile app developers, visual designers, email marketers, data analysts and integrators, project managers, and SEO + PPC specialists.
At Whereoware, we applaud fresh ideas from every level of the organization; we pioneer new approaches; we work hard; we laugh a lot; and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our mission to deliver client excellence in a fun, casual corporate culture pays off. Whereoware has won over 30 awards in each of our core service areas in the last five years. We were most recently a finalist for Tech in Motion’s Best Tech Work Culture award and was crowned one of DC’s coolest companies by DC Inno.
Besides getting paid, here are some other fun perks of working here:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Social Events
- Modern headquarters with collaborative workspaces, rooftop with WiFi, and more.