Front End Architect
Whereoware is hiring a Front End Architect to work with our exciting clients and in conjunction with our in-house web development team designing and optimizing websites for exceptional end user experiences. You have a thirst for learning, want to want to work on cool new projects, and geek out when you discover new ways to solve problems. You love working in a team-based environment including leading and mentoring other developers, but also love to still roll up your sleeves and be in the code yourself. You love to collaborate with designers, marketers, and other technologists to create something users will actually use. You are humble, a servant leader, appreciate receiving critique, and is constantly working on learning new things and polishing your skills. You also understand that advocating for great user experience is not just the designer’s responsibility – it’s all of ours.
Whereoware is an agile digital agency with clients across industries and verticals. Day-to-day projects for the Front End Architect will vary, but may look like:
- Writing clean, efficient code, while adhering to web standards, best practices, and optimizing website performance.
- Coding pixel-perfect websites across modern browsers and devices.
- Leading and mentoring other developers in the craftmanship of front end development.
- Writing scripts from scratch, and can easily explain how your code works to others.
- Building for the responsive web and all the quirks that come with it.
- Working in a team environment, but enjoys working independently, and taking ownership of your work.
- Clearly explaining complex concepts to non-technical and technical people alike.
- Being self-motivated and resourceful, and proactive about learning new skills and technologies.
- Managing your time, tasks, and priorities.
- Adapting to new challenges, and finding multiple ways to solve problems.
- Accurately estimating custom development work.
The Front End Architect will have:
- Ability to mentor other front end developers from a technical perspective
- Experience with mobile-first responsive web development
- Working familiarity with Microsoft environments, tools, and frameworks is preferred – particularly with Visual Studio and ASP.NET MVC
- Must have a public portfolio to showcase examples of your work
- Familiarity with industry standard Design tools (Zeplin, Sketch, InVision, Photoshop
- Experience with common front end frameworks, libraries, and utilities such as SASS, jQuery, React, Angular and/or Node.js
- Experience with a CMS or e-commerce platform (i.e. Episerver, Sitecore) (Nice to Have)
Ready to apply?!
Submit your resume and any relevant experience to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who We Are:
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in the Washington D.C. metro region. Since 1999, Whereoware has grown from a startup of five to an agile, full-service agency of 90-or-so website + mobile app developers, visual designers, email marketers, data analysts and integrators, project managers, and SEO + PPC specialists. Recently Whereoware has released a suite of SaaS products with our own IP applicable to virtually any company.
At Whereoware, we applaud fresh ideas from every level of the organization; we pioneer new approaches; we work hard; we laugh a lot; and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our mission to deliver client excellence in a fun, casual corporate culture pays off. Whereoware has won over 30 awards in each of our core service areas in the last five years. We were most recently a finalist for Tech in Motion’s Best Tech Work Culture award and was crowned one of DC’s coolest companies by DC Inno.
Besides getting paid, here are some other fun perks of working here:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Social Events
- Modern headquarters with collaborative workspaces, rooftop with WiFi, and more
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
Whereoware is an Equal Opportunity Employer