Whereoware is an award winning, fun and innovative digital agency with over 18 years of experience building awesome personalized websites, crafting intuitive mobile applications, creating award-winning emails, and achieving huge results with data integrations. We are the experts in delivering personalized omni-channel user experiences that delight customers and generate huge results for our clients. Our exciting culture and unique values have led us to be crowned as one of DC’s coolest companies in 2016 by DC Inno. Our awesome and diverse office is located in Chantilly, VA – and we are experiencing huge growth.
As a member of Whereoware’s business operations team, the Staff Accountant will have an influential role in driving financial and operational excellence to our growing company. As a vital member of our team, the Staff Accountant will support day-to-day accounting operations, to include process improvement initiatives and financial reporting. This individual will have an exciting opportunity to develop within our company as we continue to grow within our market. The ideal candidate has a mix of operational accounting experience, is detail-oriented, communicative, is data-driven, and is comfortable taking projects from conception through execution.
You Are Great At:
- Working alongside Whereoware's VP of Finance + Administration and Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant will develop and maintain a suite of reports to analyze aged expenses, drive accounting efficiencies and process improvements
- Collaborate with VP of Finance + Administration to develop a comprehensive set of standard operating procedures, driving process improvements
- Perform daily review of cash transactions, produce necessary journal entries, and prepare the monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare journal entries as necessary in connection with the monthly account reconciliations.
- Performs setup of customers and vendors in QuickBooks
- Performs semimonthly processing of employee expense reimbursements and Accounts Payable
- Assist Accounting Manager with billing tasks as needed
- Assists the Accounting and Finance Department with other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance
- Basic knowledge and understanding of accounting and finance principles, to include working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of accounting or operations experience, preferably in a tech SaaS company
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task are critical to success
- Must be able to function as part of a team and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, ever evolving environment
- Familiarity with or proven knowledge of automated accounting systems, to include QuickBooks
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs, to include Excel
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Education reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
- 401k plan with up to a 4% match
- Discounted gym memberships at Gold's Gym
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
*Candidates will be required to be present in the Chantilly, VA office during core business hours*
To learn more about us, visit our website at http://www.whereoware.com/ or check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Whereoware.
Whereoware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.