Whereoware is hiring a Staff Accountant to work with our exciting clients and in conjunction with our in-house marketing team. The Staff Accountant will support the monthly close process and management reporting through maintaining daily accounting activity, monthly account reconciliations, and internal and external communications. The Staff Accountant will also be responsible for multi-state semi-monthly payroll processing.
Whereoware is an agile digital agency with clients across industries and verticals. Day-to-day projects for the Staff Accountant will vary, but may look like:
- Maintain the expenses for the company including but not limited to bill entry, vendor relations, manage payables process in relation to cash management
- Perform daily review of cash transactions, produce necessary journal entries, and prepare the monthly bank reconciliation
- Maintain payroll journal entries
- Prepare journal entries as necessary in connection with the monthly account reconciliations
- Performs semimonthly processing of employee expense reimbursements and Accounts Payable
Compute wages and deductions and enter data into ADP Workforce Now
Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, and benefit plans
Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases
Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions
Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records
- Assist Accounting Manager with invoicing tasks as needed
- Assists the Accounting and Finance Department with other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned.
The Staff Accountant will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 1-3 years of accounting or operations experience
- Basic knowledge and understanding of accounting and finance principles
- 1-3 years experience in automated payroll processing systems such as ADP Workforce Now
- Experience with multi-state payroll processing
- Familiarity with or proven knowledge of automated accounting systems
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs, particularly Excel
- Must be able to function as part of a team and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, ever evolving environment
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task are critical to success
Ready to apply?!
Submit your resume and any relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who We Are:
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in the Washington D.C. metro region. Since 1999, Whereoware has grown from a startup of five to an agile, full-service agency of 90-or-so website + mobile app developers, visual designers, email marketers, data analysts and integrators, project managers, and SEO + PPC specialists.
At Whereoware, we applaud fresh ideas from every level of the organization; we pioneer new approaches; we work hard; we laugh a lot; and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our mission to deliver client excellence in a fun, casual corporate culture pays off. Whereoware has won over 30 awards in each of our core service areas in the last five years. We were most recently a finalist for Tech in Motion’s Best Tech Work Culture award and was crowned one of DC’s coolest companies by DC Inno.
Besides getting paid, here are some other fun perks of working here:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Social Events
- Modern headquarters with collaborative workspaces, rooftop with WiFi, and more.
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
*Candidates will be required to be present in the Chantilly, VA office during agreed upon business hours*
To learn more about us, visit our website at http://www.whereoware.com/ or check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Whereoware.
Whereoware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.