Sr. Development/Technology Manager
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in Chantilly, VA. We specialize in e-commerce website design and development, online marketing, and B2B mobile apps for over 17 years – and we are experiencing huge growth. Our team is full of talented people who believe delivering high-quality websites and products to our customers. Culture is huge here – we believe in working hard and playing harder. We have fun monthly events, give back to the community, and are thought leaders in the e-commerce industry.
We are looking for a talented Sr. Development Manager to join our team full-time. As the Sr. Development Manager, you will oversee the development, technology integration, and site architecture for all development projects. You will manage technology teams from definition phase through implementation, as well as contribute to sales. You know how to manage schedules, be accountable and deliver projects on time in a fast-paced environment. You can align technology with business strategy and proactively drive technical direction throughout the organization. As the Sr. Development Manager, you can drive results within budget, time and quality, while always keeping the customer in mind.
- Lead a strong team of web developers (front-end and back-end), creatives, architects, and testers.
- Serve as a technical advisor and problem solver to clients, partners, and technology staff.
- Estimate time frames, quality, and quantity of resources required to successfully implement project
- Establish measurable criteria concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, and costs
- Set technical direction for development team, lead the release of core products, and work with team to maintain knowledge management system for Whereoware’s development tools and software documentation
- Independently handle personnel issues, conflict management, define goals that increase knowledge and skills of team, and define team’s expectations
- 7+ years of web application and web site development (e-commerce sites, CMS, mobile sites) with a minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with EPiServer, nopCommerce, SAP Hybris Enterprise Commerce Suite, SiteCore, Demandware, and/or Magento preferred
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or IT related major is a plus
- Certification in software development processes such as Scrum Master or Agile Certification is a plus
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Proven ability to stay current with new technologies and architectures.
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Quality bonding time with stuffed animals! And your co-workers too!
- Unlimited supply of coffee, juice, and soda!
- Healthy snack box for all employees to enjoy for free!
- Discounted gym memberships at Gold's Gym