Junior System Administrator
Whereoware is seeking a motivated entry level individual to fulfill the position of Junior System Administrator. This position is responsible for supporting Clarizen, Visual Studio, QuickBooks, SQL Server, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office 365, Windows/Mac/iOS, and Cisco VPN access. If you are on the technical career path and looking to join a fast-paced environment, this could be the job for you!
Whereoware is an agile digital agency with clients across industries and verticals. Day-to-day projects for the Junior System Administrator will vary, but may look like:
- Providing support for mixed PC/Mac/iOS environment to employees remotely and onsite
- Troubleshooting of basic network connectivity issues of endpoint devices like desktop computers, laptops, phones, and printers
- Configuring and deploying printers and in office network hardware
- Providing support and configuration of Microsoft Office suite, specifically using Office 365
- Knowledge of network configuration, including function of DNS, DHCP and Windows network / VPN setup
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining QuickBooks, One Drive / SharePoint, Office 365 enterprise
- Proactively identify, develop, and implement new solutions, integrations, and processes to meet the changing needs of the business
- Deploying new and/or repaired hardware
- Troubleshooting and replacing defective hardware/software.
- Troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining and performing test activities on various computer equipment and computer network systems
- Set up software; install software, patches, and drivers; prepare and deploy software packages
- Documenting troubleshooting efforts, identifying issues, gathering information and deploying fixes
- Providing exceptional customer service; maintaining a professional and courteous manner
- Performing other duties as assigned by manager
The Junior System Administrator will have:
- A Bachelor's degree or 2 years equivalent experienc
- 1 year of demonstrable desktop support experience (supporting Windows 1)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Knowledge of supporting Windows/Mac/iOS/Android environment
- Providing support of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Office 365
- Desktop hardware expertise. You should be able to diagnose issues with ease
- Familiarity with network hardware, and its configuration (e.g.- routers, firewalls)
- Familiarity with ticketing system such as Jira, Spiceworks, etc.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly
- Capability to understand technical concepts in order to relay them to the internal team
- Ability to manage multiple projects/customers at any given time
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Professionalism and customer service focus
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity
Ready to apply?!
Submit your resume and any relevant experience to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who We Are:
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in the Washington D.C. metro region. Since 1999, Whereoware has grown from a startup of five to an agile, full-service agency of 90-or-so website + mobile app developers, visual designers, email marketers, data analysts and integrators, project managers, and SEO + PPC specialists.
At Whereoware, we applaud fresh ideas from every level of the organization; we pioneer new approaches; we work hard; we laugh a lot; and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our mission to deliver client excellence in a fun, casual corporate culture pays off. Whereoware has won over 30 awards in each of our core service areas in the last five years. We were most recently a finalist for Tech in Motion’s Best Tech Work Culture award and was crowned one of DC’s coolest companies by DC Inno.
Besides getting paid, here are some other fun perks of working here:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Social Events
- Modern headquarters with collaborative workspaces, rooftop with WiFi, and more
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
*Candidates will be required to be present in the Chantilly, VA office during agreed upon business hours*
To learn more about us, visit our website at http://www.whereoware.com/ or check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Whereoware.
Whereoware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.