VP of Technology
Whereoware is hiring a VP of Technology to work with our exciting clients and in conjunction with our in-house web design and development teams. The VP of Technology manages the Development and QA teams and establishes policies, procedures and methodologies for the effective implementation and reliable performance of Whereoware’s technical projects. This role also mentors developers, and works closely with the team leads for Creative, Marketing, and Analytics teams to develop innovative ideas for our clients.
Whereoware is an agile digital agency with clients across industries and verticals. Day-to-day projects for the VP of Technology will vary, but may look like:
- Manage a professional services teams delivering multiple projects.
- Independently handle personnel issues, conflict management, define goals that increase knowledge and skills of team, and define team’s expectations
- Be responsible for the execution, and success of complex technical projects in an Agile process.
- Be a problem solver, and not afraid of jumping in and helping developers complete difficult tasks.
- Estimate time frames, quality, and quantity of resources required to successfully implement projects
- Establish measurable criteria concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, and costs
- Set technical direction for development team and work with team to maintain knowledge management system for Whereoware’s development tools and software documentation
- Enforce Development and QA best practices to ensure quality and reliability of technical projects
- Lead the design and architecture of systems that span multiple teams and/or products.
- Update senior management on business unit results through quantitative and qualitative reportage and analysis
- Provide recommendations to management on the platforms, approaches, and technologies best suited to meet company goals
- Act as a technical expert for key sales efforts and client deliverables
The VP of Technology will have:
- 12+ years of software application and web site development (e-commerce sites, CMS, mobile applications, software products & platforms) with a minimum 5 years of executive leadership experience.
- Proven engineering management leadership experience running product and professional services teams
- Proven ability to stay current with new technologies and architectures
- Experience developing/architecting solutions on third party web and marketing platforms such as EpiServer, Magento, Hybris, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, IBM Watson or similar platforms.
- Proven leadership of Project Management, Creative, and UX teams
- Strong knowledge of modern front-end frameworks (Angular, Dojo, React, etc.)
- Proven experience running production systems in Azure & AWS
- Experience/Knowledge in implementing continuous integration and delivery models / build automation tools.
- Strong knowledge of profiling techniques, memory management, and performance tuning utilized to result in elegant and fast-loading web experiences.
- Ability to create business requirements, documentation, and project management processes
- Ability to analyze business requirements and create detailed system design and technical specifications
- Outsourcing and vendor management experience
- High level of self-motivation and initiative, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and quickly acquire proficiency with new skills.
- Experience working with customers to solve problems whether on existing projects or new sales initiatives.
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) is a plus
- Certification in software development processes such as Scrum Master or Agile Certification is a plus
- PMP Certification is a plus
Ready to apply?!
Submit your resume and any relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who We Are:
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in the Washington D.C. metro region. Since 1999, Whereoware has grown from a startup of five to an agile, full-service agency of 90-or-so website + mobile app developers, visual designers, email marketers, data analysts and integrators, project managers, and SEO + PPC specialists.
At Whereoware, we applaud fresh ideas from every level of the organization; we pioneer new approaches; we work hard; we laugh a lot; and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our mission to deliver client excellence in a fun, casual corporate culture pays off. Whereoware has won over 30 awards in each of our core service areas in the last five years. We were most recently a finalist for Tech in Motion’s Best Tech Work Culture award and was crowned one of DC’s coolest companies by DC Inno.
Besides getting paid, here are some other fun perks of working here:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Social Events
- Modern headquarters with collaborative workspaces, rooftop with WiFi, and more
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
Travel: Approximately 5%
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
*Candidates will be required to be present in the Chantilly, VA office during agreed upon business hours*
To learn more about us, visit our website at http://www.whereoware.com/ or check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Whereoware.
Whereoware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.