Technical Project Lead
Whereoware is hiring a Technical Project Lead to work with our exciting clients and in conjunction with our in-house web development team designing and optimizing websites for exceptional end user experiences. The Technical Project Lead is responsible for the planning, coordination, requirements gathering, business analysis, specifications development, project planning, project monitoring, and project status reporting and system quality of websites built on the EPI platform. This position is responsible for full project life cycle from definition to close out.
Whereoware is an agile digital agency with clients across industries and verticals. Day-to-day projects for the Technical Project Lead will vary, but may look like:
- Working with a Project Manager to evaluate client needs, provide business solutions and set client expectations.
- Responsible for collecting, understanding and documenting business requirements and translating those into functional and system design specifications.
- Responsible for system specifications design and review, technical review, system testing, system implementation, post implementation review, risk assessment, identifying dependencies & gaps.
- Develops and maintains detailed project implementation plans. Responsible for knowing and reporting project status.
- Provides day-to-day project coordination, responsive planning and implementation of multiple projects across all product lines.
- Responsible for estimating and monitoring cost, identifying cost, schedule, quality and performance impacts, prioritize team work and collaborating between teams and end customer.
- Works with the business unit on long term strategies to better use technology and to promote / champion process improvement initiatives.
- Work with software development to review / understand requirements and specifications for technical design, obtain information on system capabilities, limitations and performance requirements
The Technical Project Lead will have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Project Leader or Technical Project Manager position managing software projects, while serving primary point of contact for all technical matters and project deliverables.
- Minimum 10 years IT related experience, previous management and development experience required
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Development stack, front end website stacks, EPI Server, and Azure
- Proven Project leader experience in delivering CMS and ecommerce websites using EPI Server cloud stack
- Previous employment with a software development or software agency organization a must
- Ability to work with stakeholders at senior level of an organization with strong problem solving, analytical and communication abilities
- Track record of leading, thinking strategically, innovating, acting with integrity and exceeding client expectations
- Prior software design and development experience preferred
- Master level degree, MBA preferred. BSCS or related technical degree required
- PMP Certification preferred
Ready to apply?!
Submit your resume and any relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the job title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who We Are:
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in the Washington D.C. metro region. Since 1999, Whereoware has grown from a startup of five to an agile, full-service agency of 90-or-so website + mobile app developers, visual designers, email marketers, data analysts and integrators, project managers, and SEO + PPC specialists.
At Whereoware, we applaud fresh ideas from every level of the organization; we pioneer new approaches; we work hard; we laugh a lot; and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our mission to deliver client excellence in a fun, casual corporate culture pays off. Whereoware has won over 30 awards in each of our core service areas in the last five years. We were most recently a finalist for Tech in Motion’s Best Tech Work Culture award and was crowned one of DC’s coolest companies by DC Inno.
Besides getting paid, here are some other fun perks of working here:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Social Events
- Modern headquarters with collaborative workspaces, rooftop with WiFi, and more
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
Travel: Approximately 5%
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
*Candidates will be required to be present in the Chantilly, VA office during agreed upon business hours*
To learn more about us, visit our website at http://www.whereoware.com/ or check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Whereoware.
Whereoware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.