Sr. Director of Project Management
Whereoware is hiring a Sr. Director of Project Management to work with our exciting clients and in conjunction with our in-house web design and development teams. The Sr. Director of Project Management, reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer, leads and directly supervises the Project Management department of Whereoware, ensuring the successful delivery for the development and implementation of websites and digital marketing efforts for our clients. This Senior Director oversees the department to ensure a robust, efficient, and progressive level of project management. In addition to overseeing the department, this role will also have hands on responsibility in directly managing projects as needed. This is a fast-paced, creative, and collaborative work environment, providing opportunities to work with great brands.
In addition to leading, mentoring and overseeing the agency’s project management department, the director of project management oversees all project scope, budget and schedule to ensure all projects meets client, creative, development, and marketing teams’ collective needs. This individual helps to guide both process and resourcing while identifying and adapting to changes and variables that may impact a project’s success. The director of project management is responsible for defining and communicating the team’s objectives as well as eliminating any productivity barriers.
Whereoware is an agile digital agency with clients across industries and verticals. Day-to-day projects for the Solutions Architect will vary, but may look like:
- Oversee, lead and mentor the Project Management Department within the agency.
- Accountable for driving excellence in the craft of Project and Program management within the agency.
- Ensures all processes and project management best practices are being consistently followed and improved as necessary.
- Accountable and Responsible for the career development planning and performance management for all members of the Project Management department.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a strong culture within the Project Management department consistent with the Core Values of the agency.
- Responsible for employee retention and morale within the Project Management Department.
- Consult with the Director of Operations on staffing assignments and capacity planning.
- Serves as the escalation point for Project Management issues within the team.
- Provides consults and participates in sales pursuits.
- Collaborates in cost estimating in conjunction with sales to ensure competitive pricing.
- Effectively collaborates with all departments to improve project workflow.
- When appropriate, will also manage some client’s projects personally.
- Drive communication between team members to accomplish tasks
- Assess and manage project risks across the agency’s portfolio.
- Guide and mentor major and or complex projects to ensure PMs are properly managing projects.
The Sr. Director of Project Management will have:
- 5+ years of Digital Project Management in web development experience is required
- Demonstration of customer expectation management and experience in scope creep containment
- Effective negotiation skills that maintains and nurtures a good working relationship both internally and with the client
- Reporting of project status (upcoming/completed work items, budget, schedule, risks) is critical
- Demonstrates successful management of project timelines
- Ability to manage budget allocations and overages
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think and act intentionally while under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving skills to efficiently resolve day-to-day project challenges
- Effective communication with all levels of stakeholders
- Experience with mapping data flows to and from websites
- Strong working knowledge and proficiencies utilizing Project Management Tools such as Clarizen and BaseCamp, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with Project Management methodologies
- Experience with Content Management and Ecommerce systems such as EPIServer, ASP.Net Storefront, Sitecore, Demandware, and Magento is strongly desired
- Experience performing Quality Assurance of website and data feeds
- Experience managing Ecommerce (B2B) website development projects is a bonus
- Experience with practicing HTML/CSS is a bonus
Ready to apply?!
Submit your resume and any relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the job title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who We Are:
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in the Washington D.C. metro region. Since 1999, Whereoware has grown from a startup of five to an agile, full-service agency of 90-or-so website + mobile app developers, visual designers, email marketers, data analysts and integrators, project managers, and SEO + PPC specialists.
At Whereoware, we applaud fresh ideas from every level of the organization; we pioneer new approaches; we work hard; we laugh a lot; and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our mission to deliver client excellence in a fun, casual corporate culture pays off. Whereoware has won over 30 awards in each of our core service areas in the last five years. We were most recently a finalist for Tech in Motion’s Best Tech Work Culture award and was crowned one of DC’s coolest companies by DC Inno.
Besides getting paid, here are some other fun perks of working here:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Social Events
- Modern headquarters with collaborative workspaces, rooftop with WiFi, and more.