Whereoware is hiring an Experience Designer to work with our exciting clients and in conjunction with our in-house Marketing and Development teams designing and optimizing emails for exceptional end user experiences.
Whereoware is an agile digital agency with clients across industries and verticals. Day-to-day projects for the Experience Designer will vary, but may look like:
- Promoting continuous creative improvement and actively contributing to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Conceiving and creating experience oriented design solutions that fulfill strategic business objectives
- Integrating “show-stopping” creative design with unprecedented ROI and results
- Ability to work closely with muli-disciplinary teams
- Inspiring and motivating creative team members with constructive feedback on work to maintain consistent creative quality and award winning work
- Conceptualize and offer creative solutions for innovating, improving and optimizing various internal project and products
- Managing and improving all phases of creative work from concept through production
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment
- Understanding and enforcing mobile and email design standards and best practices
- Participate in the design process end-to-end, from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance.
- Comprehensive understanding of applying the methodologies of user-centric interaction design and research to solve complex business problems
The User Interface Designer will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or related field is mandatory
- 1+ years of experience in a graphic design role with a focus in the digital interactive space.
- Experience designing across all mediums: web, mobile, email, along with offline: tradeshows and events
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Must be just as concerned about how something works as you are about how it feels and looks.
- A knack for translating creative strategy into beautiful, and strategically sound designs
- Experience in designing against performance-based metrics
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, XD)
- Strong knowledge of typography, layout design and color theory
- Help grow the brand and creative team as a resource to the organization
- Natural inclination for team collaboration and for helping colleagues succeed
Ready to apply?!
Submit your resume and any relevant experience to email@example.com. Please list the job title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who We Are:
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in the Washington D.C. metro region. Since 1999, Whereoware has grown from a startup of five to an agile, full-service agency of 90-or-so website + mobile app developers, visual designers, email marketers, data analysts and integrators, project managers, and SEO + PPC specialists.
At Whereoware, we applaud fresh ideas from every level of the organization; we pioneer new approaches; we work hard; we laugh a lot; and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our mission to deliver client excellence in a fun, casual corporate culture pays off. Whereoware has won over 30 awards in each of our core service areas in the last five years. We were most recently a finalist for Tech in Motion’s Best Tech Work Culture award and was crowned one of DC’s coolest companies by DC Inno.
Besides getting paid, here are some other fun perks of working here:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Social Events
- Modern headquarters with collaborative workspaces, rooftop with WiFi, and more.