Director of Operations
Whereoware is hiring a Director of Operations to work with our exciting clients and in conjunction with our in-house web development and marketing teams. The Director of Operations will work directly with internal teams to identify and improve processes to meet project needs.
Whereoware is an agile digital agency with clients across industries and verticals. Day-to-day projects for the Director of Operations, but may look like:
- Work directly with internal business owners to identify and build out business processes including, sales to delivery handoff, customer onboarding, and inter departmental collaboration
- lead the design and implementation of a common project management methodology, standards, and tools to drive and facilitate the successful delivery of projects
- Responsible for overseeing and implementing continual process improvement initiatives; both corporate driven as well as individually defined.
- Establishes meaningful metrics, monitors performance, identifies problems and opportunities and reports as required.
- Design, develop and test enhancements in alignment defined processes
- Main administrator for Jira software, service desk, and Confluence tools
- Triage and set priorities of internal and external issues
- Manage, create, and maintain Jira project workflows, templates, and permissions
- Design and maintain Confluence spaces, pages, templates, and permissions
- Document all changes to applications per internal controls.
- Create documentation and conduct internal and external end user training.
- Evaluate software updates, plugins, addons, and changes to JIRA and Confluence
The Director of Operations will have:
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Jira/Confluence tools use methodology
- Minimum 4 years working as Jira/Confluence administrator
- Strong presentation skills
- Advanced technical and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Basic time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment
- BS degree
Ready to apply?!
Submit your resume and any relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who We Are:
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in the Washington D.C. metro region. Since 1999, Whereoware has grown from a startup of five to an agile, full-service agency of 90-or-so website + mobile app developers, visual designers, email marketers, data analysts and integrators, project managers, and SEO + PPC specialists.
At Whereoware, we applaud fresh ideas from every level of the organization; we pioneer new approaches; we work hard; we laugh a lot; and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our mission to deliver client excellence in a fun, casual corporate culture pays off. Whereoware has won over 30 awards in each of our core service areas in the last five years. We were most recently a finalist for Tech in Motion’s Best Tech Work Culture award and was crowned one of DC’s coolest companies by DC Inno.
Besides getting paid, here are some other fun perks of working here:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Social Events
- Modern headquarters with collaborative workspaces, rooftop with WiFi, and more.