Digital Project Manager
Whereoware is hiring a Digital Project Manager to work with our exciting clients and in conjunction with our in-house web design and development teams. The Digital Project Manager will play an essential client-facing role in delivering solutions for new and existing websites. This dynamic, creative and resourceful individual will be part of a team of internal designers, marketers, and developers to help create and design award winning websites for our clients. Your role will be responsible for strategizing with clients to define requirements and set KPIs, while managing the development process of custom websites and E-commerce applications from concept to deployment. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a growing digital agency comprised of talented developers, managers and marketers.
Whereoware is an agile digital agency with clients across industries and verticals. Day-to-day projects for the Digital Project Manager will vary, but may look like:
- Managing website projects for both new and existing clients to strengthen their online experience
- Able to derive technical and data requirements from User Stories and Workflows to help make informed decisions for implementations
- Strong knowledge of SDLC framework. You ensure that the project scope is thoroughly defined
- Closely tracking and reporting on project metrics and taking corrective action when necessary to achieve exceptional customer satisfaction. You aim to please!
- Good relationship building skills that allow you to identify a client’s vision and needs
- Experience with QA and being able to differentiate between a bug and a change request
- Rehearsal and Review – you are always planning next steps but also reviewing lessons learned
- Ability to compose invoice details for firm fixed price and/or time and materials projects
- Being aware of upgrade opportunities within existing engagements, or new opportunities within a client’s organization
- You display a high degree of honesty, integrity, and trust to everyone involved in the project
- You can pick up new processes, tools, and technology quickly and you’re excited to learn new things
- Open to trying things outside of your comfort zone – Be a trailblazer with projects!
The Digital Project Manager will have:
- 5+ years of Digital Project Management in web development experience is required.
- Demonstration of customer expectation management and experience in scope creep containment
- Effective negotiation skills that maintains and nurtures a good working relationship both internally and with the client
- Reporting of project status (upcoming/completed work items, budget, schedule, risks) is critical.
- Demonstrates successful management of project timelines
- Ability to manage budget allocations and overages.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think and act intentionally while under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving skills to efficiently resolve day-to-day project challenges
- Effective communication with all levels of stakeholders
- Experience with mapping data flows to and from websites
- Strong working knowledge and proficiencies utilizing Project Management Tools such as Clarizen and BaseCamp, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with Project Management methodologies
- Experience with Content Management and Ecommerce systems such as EPIServer, ASP.Net Storefront, Sitecore, Demandware, and Magento is strongly desired.
- Experience performing Quality Assurance of website and data feeds
- Experience managing Ecommerce (B2B) website development projects is a bonus
- Experience with practicing HTML/CSS is a bonus
Ready to apply?!
Submit your resume and any relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who We Are:
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in the Washington D.C. metro region. Since 1999, Whereoware has grown from a startup of five to an agile, full-service agency of 90-or-so website + mobile app developers, visual designers, email marketers, data analysts and integrators, project managers, and SEO + PPC specialists.
At Whereoware, we applaud fresh ideas from every level of the organization; we pioneer new approaches; we work hard; we laugh a lot; and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our mission to deliver client excellence in a fun, casual corporate culture pays off. Whereoware has won over 30 awards in each of our core service areas in the last five years. We were most recently a finalist for Tech in Motion’s Best Tech Work Culture award and was crowned one of DC’s coolest companies by DC Inno.
Besides getting paid, here are some other fun perks of working here:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Social Events
- Modern headquarters with collaborative workspaces, rooftop with WiFi, and more
Location: Chantilly, Virginia OR Remote
Travel: Approximately 5%
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
*Candidates will be required to be present in the Chantilly, VA office during agreed upon business hours*
To learn more about us, visit our website at http://www.whereoware.com/ or check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Whereoware.
Whereoware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.