Whereoware is hiring an Accounting Manager to work with our exciting clients and in conjunction with our in-house finance and accounting team. The Accounting Manager will complete the monthly close process and management reporting through maintaining daily accounting activity, monthly account reconciliations, and internal and external communications.
Whereoware is an agile digital agency with clients across industries and verticals. Day-to-day projects for the Accounting Manager will vary, but may look like:
- Working alongside Whereoware's VP of Finance + Administration, the Accounting Manager will manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement closing tasks, including revenue recognition, balance sheet corrections and reconciliations, completion of journal entries and adjusting journal entries in the accounting system, and preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules
- Developing and maintaining a suite of reports to analyze aged expenses, drive accounting efficiencies and process improvements
- Managing Accounts Receivable by preparing and distributing customer invoices in accordance with agreement terms, monitoring customer accounts for overages add managing timely billing for multiple revenue streams, receiving and processing customer payments.
- Maintaining all customer agreements, statements of work, and purchase orders. Processing incoming new agreements, setting up memorized billing templates, and setting up new customers and projects in the accounting system (QuickBooks)
- Clarifying unclear billing or revenue terms with the Sales Teams
- Performing daily review of cash transactions, produce necessary journal entries, and prepare the monthly bank reconciliation
- Preparing journal entries as necessary in connection with the monthly account reconciliations.
- Performing setup of customers and vendors in QuickBooks
- Performing semi-monthly processing of employee expense reimbursements and Accounts Payable
The Accounting Manager will have:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance
- Basic knowledge and understanding of accounting and finance principles, to include working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of accounting or operations experience, preferably in a professional services and/or a tech SaaS company
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task are critical to success
- Must be able to function as part of a team and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, ever evolving environment
- Familiarity with or proven knowledge of automated accounting systems, to include QuickBooks
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs, particularly Excel
Ready to apply?!
Submit your resume and any relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who We Are:
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in the Washington D.C. metro region. Since 1999, Whereoware has grown from a startup of five to an agile, full-service agency of 90-or-so website + mobile app developers, visual designers, email marketers, data analysts and integrators, project managers, and SEO + PPC specialists.
At Whereoware, we applaud fresh ideas from every level of the organization; we pioneer new approaches; we work hard; we laugh a lot; and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our mission to deliver client excellence in a fun, casual corporate culture pays off. Whereoware has won over 30 awards in each of our core service areas in the last five years. We were most recently a finalist for Tech in Motion’s Best Tech Work Culture award and was crowned one of DC’s coolest companies by DC Inno.
Besides getting paid, here are some other fun perks of working here:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Social Events
- Modern headquarters with collaborative workspaces, rooftop with WiFi, and more.
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
*Candidates will be required to be present in the Chantilly, VA office during agreed upon business hours*
To learn more about us, visit our website at http://www.whereoware.com/ or check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Whereoware.
Whereoware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.