Web Developer - Back End
Whereoware is an award winning, fun and innovative digital agency with over 16 years of experience building awesome personalized websites, crafting intuitive mobile applications, creating award-winning emails, and achieving huge results with data integrations. We are the experts in delivering personalized omni-channel user experiences that delight customers and generate huge results for our clients. Our exciting culture and unique values have led us to be crowned as one of DC’s coolest companies in 2016 by DC Inno. Our awesome and diverse office is located in Chantilly, VA – and we are experience a huge growth.
As a Web Developer, you will be joining a team of technology enthusiasts that believe in quality software engineering principles and using cutting edge technology to build robust products. You will be working in an Agile environment and be part of a team developing software solutions by gathering requirements from stakeholders, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes using new technologies such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, CDNs, relational and non-relational cloud databases, cloud search/indexing services and Xamarin.
As a Web Developer, it will be advantageous if you have a full understanding of the product development life cycle and be able to engage directly with non-technical stakeholders to gather and document requirements and then be able to translate those into robust, error free code you know works through manual and automated test cases.
You Are Great At:
- Working with a team of 7-8 to do design and develop new web applications to add to our current internet products
- Mostly front and middle tier .Net development with ASP.Net web forms, ASP.Net MVC, .Net C# and MS SQL Server
- Implementing Microsoft .net 2.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 functionality
- Design and develop websites and applications using the .NET framework
- Design, Develop and Administration of complex MS SQL Server Databases
- Integrate internal software with third-party applications
- Maintain design and code documentation
- Support existing software in the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design, object-oriented programming and Software Development Life Cycle
- 4+ years of experience using C#.NET, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC
- 2+ years of experience using SQL Server, SQL and Entity Framework
- Experience with EPiServer, SiteCore, Demandware, Magento preferred
- A good theoretical understanding and some practical experience implementing Software Design Patterns.
- Experience in Web Services, WCF is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or IT related major is a must
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Quality bonding time with stuffed animals! And your co-workers too!
- Unlimited supply of coffee, juice, and soda!
- Healthy snack box for all employees to enjoy for free!
- Discounted gym memberships at Gold's Gym
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
*Candidates will be required to be present in the Chantilly, VA office during agreed upon business hours*
Whereoware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.