Sr. User Experience and Interaction Designer
Whereoware is an award winning, fun and innovative digital agency with over 17 years of experience building awesome personalized websites, crafting intuitive mobile applications, creating award-winning emails, and achieving huge results with data integrations. We are the experts in delivering personalized omni-channel user experiences that delight customers and generate huge results for our clients. Our exciting culture and unique values have led us to be crowned as one of DC’s coolest companies in 2016 by DC Inno. Our awesome and diverse office is located in Chantilly, VA – and we are experience a huge growth.
Our Senior User Experience and Interaction Designer will play an essential role in delivering excellence to our clients. Reporting directly to the Director of Digital Strategy, this highly creative and passionate individual will work with a strong team of designers, marketers, and developers to help create and design award winning websites, email designs and applications for our clients.We hope you have a genuine passion for creating amazing user experiences that can elevate brand and content, and produce high conversions.
As a Senior User Experience and Interaction Designer, it is advantageous for you to have full knowledge of creative design concepts and UX approaches, manage multiple projects through execution, and inspire a team of designers and UX experts. You will also contribute to the development of digital and marketing strategies, drive the collaborative efforts of the project’s creative, user experience and technology teams, and inspire teammates on all levels to exceed expectations.
You Are Great At:
- Developing and delivering thought leadership and creative solutions within existing brand guidelines that strengthen clients’ market distinction and leadership position
- Promoting continuous creative improvement and actively contributing to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Conceiving and creating experience oriented design solutions that fulfill strategic business objectives
- Integrating “show-stopping” creative design with unprecedented ROI and results
- Ability to work closely with multi-disciplinary teams
- Inspiring and motivating creative team members with constructive feedback on work to maintain consistent creative quality and award winning work
- Conceptualize and offer creative solutions for innovating, improving and optimizing various internal project and products
- Managing and improving all phases of creative work from concept through production
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment
- Understanding and enforcing web, mobile and email design standards and best practices
- Participate in the design process end-to-end, from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance.
- Comprehensive understanding of applying the methodologies of user-centric interaction design and research to solve complex business problems
- Bachelors degree in Design or Fine Arts and an Online Portfolio
- 5+ years of experience in a user interaction and user experience design role (at least 3+ years of digital agency experience)
- A strong working knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process
- Strong understanding of UX and persona building
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Proven leadership skills with experience guiding teams and developing processes
- Knowledge of standard tools for wireframing and prototyping
- Experience designing fully responsive sites and applications
- Experience with usability studies and validation exercises
- Organizational and time-management skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize
- Must be just as concerned about how something works as you are about how it feels and looks.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Professional Development Program, which includes reimbursement up to $5,250 per year
- Parental Leave Policy, which can include up to four weeks of 100% paid maternity leave or varying amounts of 100% paid leave for paternity, grandparents, or adoption
- Numerous opportunities to be recognized by your fellow employees, to include our monthly Dean’s List, Spot Bonuses, Quarterly Kudos Awards, and our Annual Awards (Excellence, Innovation, Customer Service, and WOW MVP awards)
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Discounted gym memberships at Gold's Gym
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
Travel: Approximately 5%
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org the job title in the subject line.
*Candidates will be required to be present in the Chantilly, VA office during agreed upon business hours*
To learn more about us, visit our website at http://www.whereoware.com/ or check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Whereoware.
Whereoware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.