Sr. Front End Web Developer
SR. FRONT END WEB DEVELOPER
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in Chantilly, VA. We specialize in e-commerce website design and development, online marketing, and B2B mobile apps for over 18 years – and we are experiencing huge growth. Our team is full of talented people who believe delivering high-quality websites and products to our customers. Culture is huge here – we definitely believe in working hard, and playing harder. We have fun monthly events (shamelessly all food related), give back to the community, and are thought leaders in the e-commerce industry. Can’t wait to meet the team? Start here!
We are looking for a supremely talented Sr.Front-End Developer to join our team as a full-time developer. You have a thirst for learning, want to want to work on cool new projects, and geek out when you discover new ways to solve problems. You love working independently, and with others – especially when it comes to collaborating with designers, marketers, and managers to create something users will actually use. You are humble, appreciate receiving critique, and is constantly working on learning new things and polishing your skills. You also understand that advocating for great user experience is not just the designer’s responsibility – it’s all of ours.
You Are Great At:
- Writing clean, efficient code, while adhering to web standards, best practices, and optimizing website performance
- Coding pixel-perfect websites across modern browsers and devices
- Writing scripts from scratch, and can easily explain how your code works to others
- Building for the responsive web and all the quirks that come with it
- Working in a team environment, but enjoys working independently, and taking ownership of your work
- Clearly explaining complex concepts to non-technical and technical people alike
- Being self-motivated and resourceful, and proactive about learning new skills and technologies
- Managing your time, tasks, and priorities
- Adapting to new challenges, and finding multiple ways to solve problems
- Accurately estimating custom development work
- Experience with mobile-first responsive web development
- Must have a public portfolio to showcase examples of your work
- Experience with common front end frameworks, libraries, and utilities such as SASS, jQuery, React, and/or Node.js
Nice to Have:
- Experience with a CMS or e-commerce platform
- Ability to mentor other front end developers from a technical perspective
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) is a plus.
- Working familiarity with Microsoft environments, tools, and frameworks is preferred – particularly with Visual Studio and ASP.NET MVC
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Quality bonding time with stuffed animals! And your co-workers too!
- Unlimited supply of coffee, juice, and soda!
- Healthy snack box for all employees to enjoy for free!
- Discounted gym memberships at Gold's Gym
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.