Sr. Front End Web Developer
SR. FRONT END WEB DEVELOPER
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in Chantilly, VA. We specialize in e-commerce website design and development, online marketing, and B2B mobile apps for over 17 years – and we are experiencing huge growth. Our team is full of talented people who believe delivering high-quality websites and products to our customers. Culture is huge here – we definitely believe in working hard, and playing harder. We have fun monthly events (shamelessly all food related), give back to the community, and are thought leaders in the e-commerce industry.
We are looking for a supremely talented Sr.Front-End Developer to join our team as a full-time developer. You have a thirst for learning, want to mentor up and coming developers, and geek out when you discover new ways to solve problems. You love working independently, and with others – especially when it comes to collaborating with designers, marketers, and managers to create something users will actually use. You are humble, appreciate receiving critique, and is constantly working on learning new things and polishing your skills. You also understand that advocating for great user experience is not just the designer’s responsibility – it’s all of ours.
- A bachelor’s degree in software development, computer science, information technology, or a related field is preferred. Applicants without such a degree should have at least 3 years of demonstrated job experience.
- Experience with common front end frameworks, libraries, and utilities such as SASS, jQuery, React, and/or Node.js is preferred.
- Experience with mobile-first responsive web development.
- Ability to mentor other front end developers from a technical perspective
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) is a plus.
- Working familiarity with Microsoft environments, tools, and frameworks is preferred – particularly with Visual Studio and ASP.NET MVC.
You Are Great At:
- Writing clean, efficient code, while adhering to web standards, best practices, and optimizing website performance
- Coding pixel-perfect websites across modern browsers and devices
- Multitasking while maintaining focus on top priorities
- Working closely with the Director of Development, Creative Director, project managers, developers, and designers to ensure project expectations are met and exceeded
- Writing scripts from scratch, and can easily explain how your code works to others
- Working in a team environment, but enjoys working independently, and taking ownership of your work
- Building for the responsive web, and understands all the quirks that come with it
- Clearly explaining complex concepts to non-technical and technical people alike
- Being self-motivated and resourceful, and proactive about learning new skills and technologies
- Managing your time, tasks, and priorities
- Keeping your cool through a crisis
- Adapting to new challenges, and finding multiple ways to solve problems
- Accurately estimating custom development work
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Quality bonding time with stuffed animals! And your co-workers too!
- Unlimited supply of coffee, juice, and soda!
- Healthy snack box for all employees to enjoy for free!
- Discounted gym memberships at Gold's Gym
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.