Sr. Software Engineer
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in Chantilly, VA. We have specialized in e-commerce website design and development, online marketing, and B2B mobile apps for over 18 years – and we are experiencing huge growth. Our team is full of talented people who believe in delivering high-quality websites and products to our customers. Culture is huge here – we believe in working hard and playing harder. We have fun monthly events, give back to the community, and are thought leaders in the e-commerce industry.
We are looking for a talented Sr. Software Engineer to join our team full-time. You will have multiple responsibilities including technical leadership of teams, architecture, technical design and development. This role is responsible for guiding the technology integration of projects and interfacing with client technology and management teams. You will be an authority for technology development methods and processes and will bring your expertise to research and inform on enterprise-wide trends. You will work closely with the Sr. Development Manager to analyze/document current and future state technical architecture and design models, detail technical requirements and architectural roadmaps, and conduct technical analysis of client current state technologies. You will lead the translation of the client’s business requirements into systems design. The role collaborates with development teams and client stakeholders for the design, development, and deployment of solutions / integration, to exceed the needs of our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields (Computer Science, Engineering)
- 5+ years of solid working experience in software development using object oriented programming, ASP.NET (MVC), C#, SQLServer, Entity Framework, and LINQ
- Experience with Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS), windows service, web service and Rest API.
- E-commerce or CMS platform experience preferred (EPI, Sitecore, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of profiling techniques, memory management and performance tuning utilized to result in elegant and fast-loading web experiences.
- Hand on experience in cloud infrastructure like Azure & AWS
- Experience working using Agile methodology and in fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of self-motivation and initiative, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and quickly acquire proficiency with new skills.
Nice to Have:
- Experience/Knowledge implementing continuous integration and delivery models.
- Experience/Knowledge in implementing build automation tools like Jenkins, Team City, etc.
- Strong knowledge of modern front-end frameworks (Angular, React, etc.)
- Experience/Knowledge in developing hybrid applications (Ionic, React Native, Cordova, etc.)
- Ability to analyze business requirements and create detailed system design and technical specifications
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Quality bonding time with stuffed animals! And your co-workers too!
- Unlimited supply of coffee, juice, and soda!
- Healthy snack box for all employees to enjoy for free!
- Discounted gym memberships at Gold's Gym