Sr. Software Engineer
Whereoware is hiring a Sr. Software Engineer to work with our exciting clients and in conjunction with our in-house web development team designing and optimizing websites for exceptional end user experiences.
Whereoware is an agile digital agency with clients across industries and verticals. Day-to-day projects for the Sr. Software Engineer will vary, but may look like:
- Assisting in the design and development of app and cloud services by joining a team of technology enthusiasts that believe in quality software engineering principles and the prudent use of cutting edge technology to build robust apps and cloud services.
- Working in an Agile environment and be part of a team developing software solutions by gathering requirements from stakeholders, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes using the Azure platform, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), relational and non-relational cloud databases, cloud search/indexing services and Xamarin.
Have a full understanding of the product development life cycle and be able to engage directly with non-technical stakeholders to gather and document requirements and then be able to translate those into robust, error free code you know works through manual and automated test cases.
- Designing appealing, user-friendly, and responsive e-commerce and CMS websites.
- Have a passion for building cloud apps that are easy and efficient to use all while looking beautiful.
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize projects to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail, teamwork, and thoroughness are a must for this position.
- Experience/Knowledge with User Interface Design standards, large data and retrieval storage, and data/image manipulation is a plus.
The Senior Web Designer will have:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent, with three plus (3+) years of commercial product development.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design, object-oriented programming and Software Development Life Cycle
- 4+ years of experience using C#.NET, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC
- 4+ years of experience using SQL Server and/or any relational database.
- Experience in writing REST API and working on micro-service architectures-based systems.
- Knowledge or Experience in NoSQL technologies like MongoDB.
- Researching and utilizing new and emerging technologies to meet customer requirements
- Communicating with Product Managers to ensure that customer requirements are properly understood and met and determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience leading top performing teams and a history of leading and supporting successful projects.
Ready to apply?!
Submit your resume and any relevant experience to email@example.com. Please list the job title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who We Are:
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in the Washington D.C. metro region. Since 1999, Whereoware has grown from a startup of five to an agile, full-service agency of 90-or-so website + mobile app developers, visual designers, email marketers, data analysts and integrators, project managers, and SEO + PPC specialists.
At Whereoware, we applaud fresh ideas from every level of the organization; we pioneer new approaches; we work hard; we laugh a lot; and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our mission to deliver client excellence in a fun, casual corporate culture pays off. Whereoware has won over 30 awards in each of our core service areas in the last five years. We were most recently a finalist for Tech in Motion’s Best Tech Work Culture award and was crowned one of DC’s coolest companies by DC Inno.
Besides getting paid, here are some other fun perks of working here:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Social Events
- Modern headquarters with collaborative workspaces, rooftop with WiFi, and more