Whereoware is an award winning, fun and innovative digital agency with over 17 years of experience building awesome personalized websites, crafting intuitive mobile applications, creating award-winning emails, and achieving huge results with data integrations. We are the experts in delivering perso-nalized omni-channel user experiences that delight customers and generate huge results for our clients. Our exciting culture and unique values have led us to be crowned as one of DC’s coolest companies in 2016 by DC Inno. Our awesome and diverse office is located in Chantilly, VA – and we are experience a huge growth.
Whereoware is growing and looking to hire a concept driven senior designer to join our team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated candidate who thrives in a fast paced environment. As a member of the team you will be working in a collaborative environment to produce materials across media—from user experiences and interfaces for apps and websites, to signage and print publications, to illustrations and animations. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about creating meaningful work and providing the leadership to bring it to life. In order to be successful you should have a genuine passion for User Experience and be enthusiastic and knowledgeable of both current and upcoming design trends.
You Are Great At:
- Working on and leading projects and specific phases of the design process (from bidding through wireframing, prototyping, visual design, working with developers, and launching or publishing) to create a successful finished product
- Communicating with clients and vendors, often leading creative processes, presentations, and reviews
- Responsible for defining and leading the global creative digital vision for projects in alignment with marketing, creative, and product development strategies and business objectives.
- Integrating “show-stopping” creative design with unprecedented ROI and results
- Collaborating with a close-knit team of designers, developers, and strategists; providing guidance to colleagues where needed
- Inspiring and motivating creative team members with constructive feedback on work to maintain consistent creative quality and award-winning work
- Conceptualize and offer creative solutions for innovating, improving and optimizing various internal project and products
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment
- Ensure that brand and visual identity is consistently applied to all collateral and marketing materials across projects.
- Drive creative consistency and ensure consistent application of the brand, internally and externally.
- B2B experience preferred
- Self-managing to complete tasks and meet deadlines on a variety of projects
- Well-rounded, digitally focused designer with a deep understanding of digital tools, trends and best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or related field is mandatory
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Strong knowledge of typography, layout design and color theory
- Develop graphics for product illustrations, logos, websites and internal marketing
- Be able to turn out graphics from concept to completion
- Understanding of web and email standards and best practices
- Must be local
- Organizational and time-management skills, strong attention to detail
- Be thoroughly immersed in the world of design!
Nice to Have:
- 5+ years of experience in a Digital Agency
- Familiarity with current and emerging technologies, such as mobile/responsive design.
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Must be just as concerned about how something works as you are about how it feels and looks.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Professional Development Program, which includes reimbursement up to $5,250 per year
- Parental Leave Policy, which can include up to four weeks of 100% paid maternity leave or varying amounts of 100% paid leave for paternity, grandparents, or adoption
- Numerous opportunities to be recognized by your fellow employees, to include our monthly Dean’s List, Spot Bonuses, Quarterly Kudos Awards, and our Annual Awards (Excellence, Innovation, Customer Service, and WOW MVP awards)
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Discounted gym memberships at Gold's Gym
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
Travel: Approximately 5%
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume (in PDF format), and portfolio (please link in resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org the job title in the subject line. If selected, there will be a short design test that must be completed before the phone screen.
*Candidates will be required to be present in the Chantilly, VA office during agreed upon business hours*
To learn more about us, visit our website at http://www.whereoware.com/ or check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Whereoware.
Whereoware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.