Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in Chantilly, VA. We specialize in e-commerce website design and development, online marketing, and B2B mobile apps for over 17 years – and we are experiencing huge growth. Our team is full of talented people who believe delivering high-quality websites and products to our customers. Culture is huge here – we believe in working hard and playing harder. We have fun monthly events, give back to the community, and are thought leaders in the e-commerce industry.
We are looking for a talented E-Commerce Architect to join our team full-time. You will have multiple responsibilities including technical leadership of teams, architecture, technical design and development. This role is responsible for guiding the technology integration of projects and interfacing with client technology and management teams. You will be an authority for technology development methods and processes and will bring your expertise to research and inform on enterprise-wide trends. You will work closely with the Sr. Development Manager to analyze/document current and future state technical architecture and design models, detail technical requirements and architectural roadmaps, and conduct technical analysis of client current state technologies. You will lead the translation of the client’s business requirements into systems design. The role collaborates with development teams and client stakeholders for the design, development, and deployment of solutions / integration, to exceed the needs of our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields (Computer Science, Engineering)
- 4+ years of E-commerce or CMS platform experience
- Multiple e-Commerce implementation experience
- 7+ years of experience in various application development / architecture roles
- Experience working using Agile methodology and in fast paced environment
- Experience developing/architecting solutions on e-Commerce platforms such as EPIServer, nopCommerce, SAP Hybris Enterprise Commerce Suite, Magento or similar in both B2C and B2B environments.
- Strong knowledge of modern front-end frameworks (Angular, React, etc.)
- Hand on experience in cloud infrastructure like Azure & AWS
- Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience/Knowledge implementing continuous integration and delivery models.
- Experience/Knowledge in implementing build automation tools like Jenkins, Team City, etc.
- Experience/Knowledge in developing hybrid applications (Ionic, React Native, Cordova, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of profiling techniques, memory management and performance tuning utilized to result in elegant and fast-loading web experiences.
- Ability to create business requirements documentation as needed
- Ability to analyze business requirements and create detailed system design and technical specifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of self-motivation and initiative, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and quickly acquire proficiency with new skills.
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Quality bonding time with stuffed animals! And your co-workers too!
- Unlimited supply of coffee, juice, and soda!
- Healthy snack box for all employees to enjoy for free!
- Discounted gym memberships at Gold's Gym