Development Manager, Professional Services
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in Chantilly, VA. We specialize in e-commerce website design and development, online marketing, and B2B mobile apps for over 18 years – and we are experiencing huge growth. Our team is full of talented people who believe delivering high-quality websites and products to our customers. Culture is huge here – we believe in working hard and playing harder. We have fun monthly events, give back to the community, and are thought leaders in the e-commmerce industry.
We are looking for a talented Development Manager to oversee the development, technology integration, and site architecture for all professional services development projects. You will manage technology teams from the definition phase through implementation, as well as contribute to sales. You will manage schedules and resource allocations, be accountable for delivering projects on time in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage a professional services teams delivering multiple projects.
- Independently handle personnel issues, conflict management, define goals that increase knowledge and skills of team, and define team’s expectations
- Be responsible for the execution, and success of complex technical projects in an Agile process.
- Estimate time frames, quality, and quantity of resources required to successfully implement projects
- Work with Director of Development to manage resource allocation and skill development
- Establish measurable criteria concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, and costs
- Set technical direction for development team, lead the release of core products, and work with team to maintain knowledge management system for Whereoware’s development tools and software documentation
- Implement a technical strategy that ensures future success of your projects and team.
- Contribute to design and architecture of systems that span multiple teams and/or products.
- 7+ years of web application and web site development (e-commerce sites, CMS, mobile sites) with a minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Proven engineering management leadership experience running professional services teams
- Experience with EPiServer, Magento or other Ecommerce / CMS platforms.
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) is a plus
- Certification in software development processes such as Scrum Master or Agile Certification is a plus
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Proven ability to stay current with new technologies and architectures
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Quality bonding time with stuffed animals! And your co-workers too!
- Unlimited supply of coffee, juice, and soda!
- Healthy snack box for all employees to enjoy for free!
- Discounted gym memberships at Gold's Gym