Data Analyst, Level 1
Whereoware is hiring a Data Analyst, Level 1 to work with our exciting clients and in conjunction with our in-house Data + Consumer Insights Team. The Data Analyst will help to identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, cleanliness, analysis and reporting. They will also manipulate large data sets while supporting the integration of eCommerce, Customer Relationship Management and Email Marketing tools with automation and business intelligence platforms.
Whereoware is an agile digital agency with clients across industries and verticals. Day-to-day projects for the Data Analyst, Level 1 will vary, but may look like:
- Collecting customer requirements, determine technical issues and support solution design
- Identifying new sources of data and consult on ways to improve data collection, cleanliness, analysis and reporting
- Reviewing, cleansing, transforming, organizing and maintaining large data sets
- Writing simple and complex SQL queries based on a list of requirements
- Mastering BI platforms such as PowerBI, Domo and Tableau
- Developing + troubleshooting API integrations with the assistance of a developer
- Analyzing and presenting findings on complex data sets, distilling the problem to simple terms for the customer
- Occasionally communicating directly with clients through a variety of channels
- Supporting the Marketing team with routine automated reporting
- Creating new and expanded business intelligence capabilities for the CI Team
- Using a variety of methods(nightly batched data, APIs, 3rd party integrators) to integrate systems; such as CRM tools with marketing automation software
- Mastering multiple web analytics platforms and implementation methods, such as Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics
- Supporting middleware + integration development practices on AWS, Azure and more
- Collaborating with team members
- Researching the latest methods + ideas around data + research
- Simplifying complex problems into simple terms
- Answering “Why?” questions based on objective data
- Learning and applying new skills and coding languages
The Data Analyst, Level 1 will have:
- A Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Math or Marketing or an unrelated degree with equivalent relevant experience
- Practical experience with BI technologies
- Strong analytic skills and critical thinking skills
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently
- Intellectual curiosity and a demonstrated resourcefulness in getting results and answers
- Strong profieciency and professional experience with SQL on any platform (Redshift, MySQL, and T-SQL may be required)
- Some experience with Python
- Expertise with Excel
- Practical knowledge in the field of marketing, research or economics
- Strong desire to champion insights and data-driven decision making learning throughout the world
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, and flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Be proficient with analytics software and survey platforms
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills
Some skills and knowledge that are a bonus:
- A degree in CS, statistics, or math
- Experience with Python virtual environments and pip
- Experience with Domo
- Professional experience with a shared Python codebase and version control, preferably Git
- Experience with the Pandas Python framework or R programming language
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, particularly Lambda, API Gateway, and Lightsail or EC2
- Some knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning models and their applications
Ready to apply?!
Submit your resume and any relevant experience to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who We Are:
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in the Washington D.C. metro region. Since 1999, Whereoware has grown from a startup of five to an agile, full-service agency of 90-or-so website + mobile app developers, visual designers, email marketers, data analysts and integrators, project managers, and SEO + PPC specialists.
At Whereoware, we applaud fresh ideas from every level of the organization; we pioneer new approaches; we work hard; we laugh a lot; and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our mission to deliver client excellence in a fun, casual corporate culture pays off. Whereoware has won over 30 awards in each of our core service areas in the last five years. We were most recently a finalist for Tech in Motion’s Best Tech Work Culture award and was crowned one of DC’s coolest companies by DC Inno.
Besides getting paid, here are some other fun perks of working here:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Social Events
- Modern headquarters with collaborative workspaces, rooftop with WiFi, and more.
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
*Candidates will be required to be present in the Chantilly, VA office during agreed upon business hours*
To learn more about us, visit our website at http://www.whereoware.com/ or check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Whereoware.
Whereoware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.