Data Analyst, Level 1
Whereoware is hiring a Data Analyst, Level 1 to work with our exciting clients and in conjunction with our in-house Data + Consumer Insights Team. The Data Analyst will help to identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, cleanliness, analysis and reporting. They will also manipulate large data sets while supporting the integration of eCommerce, Customer Relationship Management and Email Marketing tools with automation and business intelligence platforms.
Whereoware is an agile digital agency with clients across industries and verticals. Day-to-day projects for the Data Analyst, Level 1 will vary, but may look like:
- Collaborating with business analysts + data analysts to plan and scope the objectives and approaches for custom research programs
- Establish methodology, study specifications, business requirements, and timelines to effectively and efficiently meet research objectives
- Work with strategic research vendor and client partners
- Learn + use API libraries to retrieve and move data
- Diagnose synchronization issues and errors
- Manage database cleanup and cleansing projects (ie. Email marketing deliverability)
- Analyze and present complex data sets (ie customer buying behaviors and trends)
- At times, the role would communicate directly with clients through a variety of channels
- Lead internal and external facing training + knowledge transfers
- Analyze results from both quantitative and qualitative research studies and craft reports that summarize results, highlight the key findings, explain the implications of the research, and provide actionable recommendations in clear, concise, business language
- Learn and apply new research methods, tools, processes, and procedures in order to improve research (lower costs, improve quality, speed the process, gain additional insights, etc.)
The Data Analyst, Level 1 will have:
- Bachelors degree in marketing, research, business, economics or the sciences
- Experience with Google Analytics (preferred)
- Experience with Tableau, Domo or PowerBI (preferred)
- Practical experience with a wide array of innovation, advertising, and consumer satisfaction research methodologies
- Proficient with analytics software and survey platforms
- Some professional experience managing data preferred
- Some professional research experience preferred- ideally at a consumer research company or marketing agency
- Strong analytic skills and critical thinking skills
- Experience with Excel, SQL, Python (optional)
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently
- High level of intellectual curiosity and a demonstrated resourcefulness in getting results and answers
- Strong desire to champion insights, data and embed learning throughout the organization
Ready to apply?!
Submit your resume and any relevant experience to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who We Are:
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in the Washington D.C. metro region. Since 1999, Whereoware has grown from a startup of five to an agile, full-service agency of 90-or-so website + mobile app developers, visual designers, email marketers, data analysts and integrators, project managers, and SEO + PPC specialists.
At Whereoware, we applaud fresh ideas from every level of the organization; we pioneer new approaches; we work hard; we laugh a lot; and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our mission to deliver client excellence in a fun, casual corporate culture pays off. Whereoware has won over 30 awards in each of our core service areas in the last five years. We were most recently a finalist for Tech in Motion’s Best Tech Work Culture award and was crowned one of DC’s coolest companies by DC Inno.
Besides getting paid, here are some other fun perks of working here:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Social Events
- Modern headquarters with collaborative workspaces, rooftop with WiFi, and more.
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
*Candidates will be required to be present in the Chantilly, VA office during agreed upon business hours*
To learn more about us, visit our website at http://www.whereoware.com/ or check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Whereoware.
Whereoware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.