Cloud Solutions Administrator
Whereoware is an award winning, fun and innovative digital agency
Whereoware is hiring a Cloud Solutions Administrator to work with our exciting clients and in conjunction with our in-house web development team designing and optimizing websites for exceptional end user experiences. As our Cloud Solutions Administrator, you will play an essential role in delivering excellence to our clients. This highly motivated and driven individual will work with a strong team of designers, marketers, and developers to help create and design award winning websites, mobile apps and cloud services that will leverage the cloud and ecommerce into the next generation. If you are on a technical career path and looking to join a fast-paced environment, this could be the job for you!
Whereoware is an agile digital agency with clients across industries and verticals. Day-to-day projects for the Cloud Solutions Administrator will vary, but may look like:
- Administration of Azure platform primarily for Windows operating systems
- Implement and manage backup processes and disaster planning for servers and databases
- Implement and manage server monitoring and alerting processes/applications
- Maintain and secure web applications and web server infrastructure
- Implement and manage Azure resource including network and replication services
- Manage apps and virtual cloud servers running at Rackspace, Azure, and Amazon
- Database optimization
- Support PCI audits and proactive scanning
- Maintain relationships with IT departments at customer sites.
The Project Lead will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 5 years relevant work experience
- Experience with Azure platform primarily focused on Azure app service model ( Web Apps, Web jobs, Mobile apps, etc.), cloud deployment (using deployment slots), Service Bus and Event Hubs, etc.
- Experience with cloud/storage technologies and CDNs
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Application Insights, Management Suite (OMS), SSL Management and Azure Resource Templates.
- Good knowledge of Azure IaaS (VMs, VNET, NSG Rules, VPN Gateways and Express Route), IIS, Azure SQL / SQL Server performance tuning and best practices
- Great working knowledge of IP networking, DNS, and load balancing. General understanding of E-Commerce applications, .Net Framework and/or .Net Core Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications and protocols
- Demonstrable and consistent history of successful website operations on an enterprise scale, preferably with B2B and B2C commerce
- Experience using error logging analysis tools.
- Experience designing and implementing load balancing solutions and clustered databases for dynamic scalability ideally in an Azure environment.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners as well as customers
- Should be available to support the website operations during non-business hours and weekends.
- General understanding of Microservices, such as Docker, Kubernetes preferred
Ready to apply?!
Submit your resume and any relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the job title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who We Are:
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in the Washington D.C. metro region. Since 1999, Whereoware has grown from a startup of five to an agile, full-service agency of 90-or-so website + mobile app developers, visual designers, email marketers, data analysts and integrators, project managers, and SEO + PPC specialists.
At Whereoware, we applaud fresh ideas from every level of the organization; we pioneer new approaches; we work hard; we laugh a lot; and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our mission to deliver client excellence in a fun, casual corporate culture pays off. Whereoware has won over 30 awards in each of our core service areas in the last five years. We were most recently a finalist for Tech in Motion’s Best Tech Work Culture award and was crowned one of DC’s coolest companies by DC Inno.
Besides getting paid, here are some other fun perks of working here:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Social Events
- Modern headquarters with collaborative workspaces, rooftop with WiFi, and more
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
*Candidates will be required to be present in the Chantilly, VA office during agreed upon business hours*
To learn more about us, visit our website at http://www.whereoware.com/ or check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Whereoware.
Whereoware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.