Case study: New York International Gift Fair
30% increase in visits
The New York International Gift Fair (NYIGF) showcases lines across the home, lifestyle and gift spectrum. It hosts over 35,000 attendees and 2,800 exhibitors twice a year. They had four goals:
- Update the brand image
- Easily change content on the website
- Provide visitors with a personalized one-to-one experience
- Create a user friendly tool for visitors to find exhibitors
How we solved it
NYIGF has a fresh look, incorporating flash and social media tools. The content management system (CMS) controlled platform makes it extremely easy for NYIGF employees to update and change images and text whenever they like. With little to no training, employees are able to guarantee web visitors have access to the latest information on the show.
Personalized, highly relevant landing pages for exhibitors are created dynamically. Images and text on landing pages match criteria passed via email marketing campaigns. For instance, if an exhibitor sells children’s products and never sold at NYIGF before, then they would receive an email that speaks directly to that case. The images and copy seen in the email correspond with what they see in the landing page. For attendee emails, we removed all obstacles for registering by pre-populating the form, making registration only one click away. Tightly integrating the website and online marketing allows us to target visitors and provide them with a highly personalized experience.
The exhibitor search tool is a custom application built to meet the NYIGF’s specific business needs. Visitors can search on exhibitors several different ways including by booth number, type of exhibitor, product categories and more. We added icons to the search results showing which exhibitors had moved and the type of categories they represent for example home furnishing, accents, gift, etc. Each exhibitor has a profile page which provides specific information about the company including product categories, website, email address and rotating online catalog. Each exhibitor can be added to an easily printed walking list for visitors to use on their visit. Finally, kiosks and admins with iPads will have the search tool at the ready to help visitors find their way.
- 30% increase in visits
- 15% increase in pageviews
- 42% increase in search engine traffic
Included Web Features
- Content management system, allowing employees to change content at a moment’s notice
- Custom development, we listen to your needs, invent a creative solution, and then build a custom solution to address your issue
- Social media + multimedia apps, allowing visitors to share a product or webpage they love with their friends
- Integrated online catalog gallery, searchable database of online, lead generating exhibitor catalogs increase exposure and booth traffic by showcasing products to buyers before the show
- Custom forms, created to meet your unique business needs & give you access to the data 24/7.
- Web analytics, 24/7 access to website stats
- Web hosting, maintenance, + support, your ongoing partner for all your development needs
- Code stuff you don't see, developing custom solutions with ASP.NET and Silverlight
Included Marketing Options:
- Lead generation + sales support, ensures 100% of leads get follow up
- Marketing automation, ensure customers receive the message they want to hear when they want to hear it
- Personalized email marketing, speaks directly to your customer’s or prospect’s interests
- Marketing analytics, allows us to measure marketing efforts and make adjustments to improve ROI
- Search engine optimization, gets you found online