Whereoware conducted a survey of retailers and vendors at the 2012 summer gift and home shows, with questions ranging from how they use email to where they see the biggest growth in the next 12 months. When we combined that information with data from our own clients and outside sources, we saw 5 key trends emerging again and again:
- Websites: e-commerce continues to be important for wholesalers
- Email: triggered emails are effective, yet not widely used
- Mobile: traffic is growing strong (are vendors prepared?)
- Social media: it isn’t just for kids!
- Tablets: they are changing the way we shop and sell
Among some of the more interesting findings: mobile traffic has increased by an astonishing 204% from 2011 to 2012! However, 75% of vendors have no mobile plan for their retailers over the next 12 months…a fact that seems more than a little incongruous given the projected upward trend.
Want to check out more of our findings? Take a gander at our 5 Trends in the Gift and Home Industry infographic below, and see what your peers + competitors have revealed!